Friday 15 July 2011

Build Up!

I am acting like an excited school girl at the moment, everything that’s to do with 2012, I’m obsessed with. I had a 2011 50p piece with a rower on and the 2012 logo and squealed like a pig. However, I did cry a teeny weeny bit, when I discovered I wasn’t a ticket holder for the athletics and I was even more distraught when my computer wouldn’t load properly to purchase some athletic leftovers. So I am not going to witness the athletics part of the greatest show on earth, however I am not giving up hope in getting a ticket to the athletics. I will apply to all competitions and take every opportunity to get involved as it comes. If that fails, I’ll camp in London and watch the show from the big TV’s dotted around the city and watch the free events like the triathlon and marathon.
I am totally in love with the Stella McCartney range for team GB on the 2012 website, stunning. However, as I am a skint student, I will have to wait until my student load comes through in September to purchase a hooded top that I have my eyes on. 
Remember the 2000 Olympics in Sydney? I was only 9 then but I still got involved with writing and got my poem published in the school newsletter and eventually into a hardback publication; Poetic Voyages a year later. Here’s a peak at it;

 O            lympics are here, let’s all cheer,
L              ong jump, High Jump, get over here
Y              ou can take part, if you’re smart
M            en and women doing their best to beat the rest
I               can tell you that Britain will do well
P             eople cheering really loud, can’t you here that noisy crowd
C             ome and see them doing their part,
S              ports in Sydney’s going to start

This got me motivated to write another poem for 2012,

2011
Have you ever had the opportunity
To see a fantastic show?
One year today, the whole wide world
Will see the organisation skills of Seb Coe.

This time next year the games come alive
The tickets are all that we need
To see the superstars of sport
Accuracy, talent and speed.

Olympic torch will see the Kingdom
The country that has so much glory
The historic flame has to visit
Each little town with its own little story

I hope 2012 does not disappoint
The build up to the games is intense
The medallists are our heroes
So to see them, it just makes sense

The countdown begins,
Three hundred and sixty four plus a day
To see the greatest show on earth
Oh yes, and we are going to do it our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment