Friday 15 July 2011

BT Storytellers Launch


The link above sums up the Story Tellers.
If you look for the girl in the salmon pink top and white linen pants then you can see me being a little mental in the video.
Yesterday, I travelled to London for the first time since I went to Wimbledon when I was 12 to watch the tennis. It took 2 hours on the Virgin Super Voyager, which is super quick since I live all the way in North Wales. When I arrived in Euston, I had to walk to St Pancras to meet the other storytellers and I had a MacDonald’s Breakfast for a treat, was delicious.  As I arrived in St Pancras, I met other people from all areas of the UK, doing their own story of the Olympic Games and the build up towards it. As, we all chilled with cups of tea and coffee, each of us discussed our version of BT Storytellers with radio and television companies, describing what we are doing and how we are going to tell our story to the UK. As usual, I messed up all three interviews, so hopefully they won’t be on the television any time soon. We met the legend himself, 2 times Gold medallist; Daley Thompson and had our photo took with him and we had a chat on how he still trains to make sure he’s fit to chase his kids around the garden. In the afternoon, after a suburb lunch in the Champagne Bar, we were introduced to another legend; the man who brought the games to London, the man whose organising the games, the man who broke records and won hauls of medals, Lord Seb Coe. He just oozes charisma, a true champion. After having a group photo shoot with both Olympic Legends, the storytellers took the Javelin train, one of the trains developed especially for London 2012, using the design from the Japanese Bullets. It got us from St Pancras to Stratford (where the Olympic Park is being built) in 6minutes, when the previous journey used to take up to 40minutes. It was pretty quick. A tour bus picked us up to take us around the Park, which was such a privilege. The velodrome is an architectural phenomenon, absolutely amazing, the Aquatics Centre as equally impressive. The gardens are looking lush and the Olympic Stadium, the highlight of the day, was truly magnificent, with parts made out of recycled gas pipes. 2012 is going to be so green, there are no parking facilities so you’ll have to train it or lump it. The stadium is not as big as I thought it would be, but inside is amazing. Being one of the first ever people to run down the hundred meter straight, was an ultimate feeling for myself. Usian Bolt will be running in my footsteps.
After a long day, I was thrilled to be invited to the Launch and I can’t wait for future events. I really, really, really want to go back and I would kill to get to go, I’m so jealous of all the 2012 ticket holdersL. You will have an amazing experience and I’m envious of your excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment